[mythtv-users] Playback/TV display failing

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Fri Aug 20 13:32:32 EDT 2004

Hmm. Bit of an odd problem.

Basically, TV playback is periodically failing. By this, I mean when I go
to watch live TV, or play back a TV recording, I sometimes get a blank
screen, although I can hear the sound playing back. This only seems to
affect TV streams recorded from my PVR-250, since fullscreen video and DVD
playback via Xine works fine. A reboot or X restart sorts it out. From
memory, this only occurred after I switched from XFree86 to x.org. I've
checked the obvious logs, but couldn't find anything that looked relevant.
The streams are all recorded fine, since I can play them back in Myth
(eventually) and from other machines.

FYI, my setup is as following:

Myth 0.15.1 (with XV support)
ivtv 0.19r3
nVidia 5336 (output via VGA to a bog standard CRT)
x.org 6.7r1
2.4.25

Anyone got any pointers as to what might be going wrong?

TIA!