[mythtv-users] mythdvd to xine = no video (SOLVED)

Paul News paulnews at rogers.com
Thu Aug 19 21:12:44 EDT 2004

 --- rick schultz <rick.schultz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Which video driver (-V) are you using with xine?

I've been using auto (which picks xv) and -V xv.

> Could this be a focus / stacking order issue?

I don't seem to have any problems with the buttons not
being recongnized (it's easy to quit out of my
sound-only DVD :-)

I was able to get it working, but I'm a little
confused as to the solution.

xine -pfhq --no-splash -V xshm dvd://

The "xshm" got the DVD working from within mythdvd.
Adding a --deinterlace got rid of the artifacts that
seem to be showing up.

Does this mean that mythtv is not using xv? I had a
quick browse through the code, and it seems that xshm
is an extra level used within xv (videoout_xv.cpp) ...
but some of the articles in the mythtv-users archive
seem to say that you use xshm if your xv isn't
working.

If mythtv isn't doing what it's supposed to, is there
something I should be doing to use xv?

Thanx for any insight,
Paul

--
Paul Webster
"Here are your messages, Mr Burns: 1) You have 30 min