[mythtv-users] mythweb cvs: Call to undefined function: mail()

IvanK. chepati at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 19 19:44:07 EDT 2004

On Thursday 19 August 2004 07:08 pm, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > Nope.  Same php.  And as far as I can tell mythweb doesn't write anything
> > to the apache error log, so I can't start looking for clues.
>
> That error is all that you'll get.  Since php catches the error (it's a
> coder error, not a php error), apache doesn't even know that there is
> one to report.   However, this really sounds like a missing
> configuration setting.

To make matters even more exciting, I get this error only on
program_listing.php,scheduled_recordings.php .  status.php,
recorded_programs.php, settings_keys.php, and pretty much the rest of the
scripts.  If I understand correctly, mail() is only needed if another error
is encountered.  How can I place a few debug statements here and there to
find out where things break?

As a matter of fact I've seen these errors before.  Once they were due to the
fact that I didn't have a video_dir directory.  On first run it created a
link and on the second I supposed it tried to recreate it, and gave me the
error message.  Perhaps it's my setup -- my myth and mysql box is separate
from my http box.

Who knows, upon next cvs checkout things may "just work" again... :-)

IvanK.