[mythtv-users] mythtv on EPIA MII 12000

JJ van Gorkum job at knowzone.org
Thu Aug 19 17:55:46 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am thinking about building a HTPC system with mythtv and was wondering
about the capabilities of a using a mini-itx system:

The setup mini-itx with MI12000 board, 512 Mb memory, 160 GB disk (SP1614N)
and a Hauppage PVR 350 adapter

will the system capable of doing:

- play a DVD (ogle or xine) while recording a TV program.
- play a CD (mplayer) while recording a TV program.
- play a .avi (mplayer) while recording a TV program.

or would it be better to go for a ATX solution with more power...

I have read the archives of this list  but no one  wants to it like I do:

the mini-itx system is running the backend / frontend and capture
adapter (capturing to local disk)
will not use the PVR350 for mpeg TV playback because the adapters lack
of XV support.
I do not want backend / mysql database running on a different system.

--
JJ van Gorkum                             Knowledge Zone
If UNIX isn't the solution, you've got the wrong problem