[mythtv-users] nuv->avi possibilities?

John P. Mitchell john at cepros.com
Thu Aug 19 15:21:09 EDT 2004

All,

   I am also unclear as to how this is done, and would VERY much like to
know. I want to archive my Star Trek episodes real bad. :-) Also, it
seems to me that this is an VERY simple issue. If the video is
compressed MPEG4 and the audio is compressed MP3 (my settings anyway)
then why is it such an issue to repackage that (without re-encoding) to
something I can watch with any video player? Is there some other
issue(s) that I am ignorant about?

   If I MUST re-encode the stream, I would rather not do it on the machine
that is my main mythtv frontend/backend. So, some way to perform the
process on another machine would be best in my opinion. Again, maybe I
am just a bone head and this is already a simple thing to do.