[mythtv-users] QMYSQL3 driver not loaded - how do you reinstall support?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 19 15:15:14 EDT 2004

On Thursday 19 August 2004 14:24, James Pifer wrote:
> I have a machine that is a frontend only mythbackend and mysql run on
> another machine. I have read through section 6 of the docs and
> searched the archives.
>
> When I try to run the frontend I get:
> mythfrontend
> QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
> QSqlDatabase: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
> Unable to connect to database!
> No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
> couldn't open db
>
> I've modified /usr/share/mythtv/mysql.txt
> I can manually connect to mysql as the mythtv user
>
> qt-MySQL is installed

Qt says otherwise.

> I get:

[snip]

> How do I reinstall qt-MySQL correctly so I can run mythfrontend? Do I
> have to have mysql server loaded locally first to get it installed
> correctly?

What kind of system do you have?  If you're on an apt-enabled system,
you could:

apt-get remove qt-MySQL
apt-get install qt-MySQL

if you're on an RPM system (without apt), you could:

rpm -e qt-MySQL
rpm -ivh <rpm file for qt-MySQL>

Also, make sure your main Qt installation is OK.  Is $QTDIR set properly
in your shell?  Do you have multiple versions of Qt installed (i.e.,
maybe compiled one from source without enabling --plugin-sql-mysql)?

-JAC