[mythtv-users] DVICO FusionHDTV III QAM card

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Wed Aug 18 19:33:08 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 06:51:09PM -0400, Daniel Thor Kristjansson wrote:
> ]Yes, the HD-3000 and HD-2000 cards can be hooked up to digital cable and
> ]receive everything.
> Unlikely. With the HD-2000 at least, the driver only supports 8-VSB,
> I don't know of any cable company that uses that modulation.

The driver only supports 8-VSB, but that's the driver, not the card.
The card has the support, adding the driver support is all that's
needed and then you could do it.

> ]Let me correct my statement, the channel data is readable, but the
> ]audio/video streams are encypted and garbage to us.
> yep.
>
> ]USDTV sends encrypted Digital (NON HD) channels OTA.
> ]Myth chokes and dies a horrible death if you try to decode it (Which can
> ]be quite annoying if a regular HD station is broadcasting their leased
> ]bandwidth to USDTV on their first program channel).
> This shouldn't be a problem if your program id is set correctly. If it
> does, this is a bug I'd like some info on.

Right, this was before subchannels were supported in myth and stations
were broadcasting the encrypted USDTV as the first program ID.

> ]No, you're not the only one who cares about it, it's just that HDTV is
> ]new and those devs working on it don't seem to have HD cable.
> Not exactly. I get free HDTV cable with unencrypted HDTV channels, the
> problem is that there is no card with QAM support and linux drivers
> for me to use.

When pcHDTV releases the driver for the HD-3000, it may be worth it to
look at the code difference and see what it would take to add the QAM
support to the HD-2000 driver.  I can't imagine it would be that much
different.

--Brandon