[mythtv-users] DMA Read errors and inter chipset (Abit BP6Motherboard)

Maarten mythtv at ultratux.org
Wed Aug 18 19:13:40 EDT 2004

On Thursday 19 August 2004 00:36, MythTV wrote:
> Well Murphy came calling today after my 10+ gig recording marathon
> yesterday (recorded constantly from 11am til 6pm)  Now today I can not even
> record.. damn I thought I had this licked...
>
> I now get:
>
> Aug 18 04:19:12 mythtv kernel: APIC error on CPU1: 08(08)
> Aug 18 04:19:13 mythtv kernel: APIC error on CPU0: 04(04)

Sorry I did not keep logs of my abit bp6, but I vaguely seem to recall seeing
this error many times on my boards' logs, and I didn't even think about it;
because everything kept on working just fine.

But my error might have been a less critical subsystem... (the NIC maybe ?)
I might even be completely confused.  Just saying: are you sure it's a fatal
error ?  Maybe recording 11 hours straight just strained some minor muscle
somewhere and all it needs is a good nights' sleep.  ;-|

But anyway, if you're really dependening on this board, and if you don't need
the CPU power because you're recording with a PVR250, have you considered (as
a last resort) to take out one of the CPU's (or load a non-SMP kernel)...?

--
Linux: Because rebooting is for adding hardware.