[mythtv-users] Missing obvious PVR-350 config issue?

Jason Lindquist linky at see.figure1.net
Wed Aug 18 13:46:56 EDT 2004

On Aug 17, 2004, at 3:00 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Jason Lindquist wrote:
>
>> After a few months' downtime, I have my MythTV box up and running
>> again.
>> Oddly, both live TV and recordings via the PVR-350 card are faulty.
>> There is no video (only a black screen) and one channel of audio is
>> silent.  The card *is* functional, as I can dd /dev/video0 to a file
>> and get an MPEG-2 which plays back just fine (picture and stereo
>> audio)
>> in QuickTime Player (on another host running OS X.)  Unfortunately,
>> mythbackend seems to be losing the picture and one channel of audio.

> Is it the Xv colorkey problem?
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/72915#72761

I don't run xine, so that wasn't likely.  I gave it a shot anyhow and
it changed nothing.

Further poking around turned up this HOWTO on installing myth on Fedora
Core (which I'm not running, but there's enough relevant information
there anyways:)
   http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php

I had tried dd'ing /dev/video0 directly to /dev/video16, and got the
same result as watching live TV or recordings in myth.  Running this
command from that HOWTO got playback working:
   ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -noglobalalpha -localalpha

Unfortunately, now myth's own menus were invisible.  Reversing the
above:
   ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -nolocalalpha
made the menus visible again, but now a double of the image is offset
half a screen width to the right.

It would seem mythtv-0.15.1 is doing something different with the alpha
controls compared to 0.13, which did not exhibit this problem.

--
Jason Lindquist  <*>   "And in a country whose revolutionary agenda is
linky at see.figure1.net   defined by free speech, the people's ability to