[mythtv-users] DVICO FusionHDTV III QAM card

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Wed Aug 18 13:23:04 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 12:45:46PM -0400, Buechler, Mark R wrote:
> I see on Slashdot today a link to DVICO's new FusionHDTV III card which
> supports QAM. I assume this card is little different from the FusionHDTV II
> card. Does anyone know if this beast has Linux drivers around somewhere? I
> believe their DVB cards have Linux support.
>
> - Mark.

The developer posted a note on that story, as he mentions, support is
very poor as Fusion will not release information he needs to make the
driver work better.  It does /work/ but he calls if flaky and not
usable.

To note, the HD-3000 card from pcHDTV coming out in a few weeks _Will_
have QAM support, but QAM is only good if the stream provider is not
encrypting their channels, which many do.

Second note, the HD-2000 is QAM capable, but no one has written the
support in the driver for this yet.

--Brandon