[mythtv-users] GOP and mythcommflag

Dave Parker daveparker01 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 02:34:53 EDT 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 21:11:38 -0400 (EDT), Chris Pinkham
<cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> > >Well, straight from the horse's mouth (meaning the guy who wrote that
> > >part of the code), it only rebuilds the GOP markers in recordedmarkup
> > >if you first delete any existing GOP markers for the recording
> > >in question.
> > >
> > Thanks - good to know :)

Except.....? (see below)

> > So in my case (I dropped the table and am still running mythcommflag 2
> > weeks later!) it'll fix the GOP - good.
> > Dave P OTOH will need to:
> >   DELETE FROM recordedmarkup WHERE chanid=xxx and starttime=xxxx;
> > yes?
>
> Correct.

I'm attempting to do a nuvexport module to support doing it from there
(work in progress, attached), but I'm running into a few issues:

1) mythcommflag seems to be hanging up at what appears to be the end
of the scanning process. A strace shows that it's waiting on a
futex().  The process table indicates no children of the mythcommflag
process.  A look at system activity with top is puzzling: the process
list shows no cpu-bound processes (nice or otherwise), yet system load
is quite high and a lot of nice cpu is being consumed (2.6 kernel, and
I'm new to 2.6). This happens regardless of whether the program is run
at a command line or from nuvexport.  I've had this happen with
mythbackend shut down as well, so I'm missing whatever it is that I
could be racing and/or deadlocking with.  Any ideas? It's very strange
to my ignorant mind.

2) If I kill the mythcommflag process, I see that in fact records have
been placed in recordedmarkup, and commflagged has been set to '2' in
the appropriate recorded record. But, in recordedmarkup, I'm not
seeing any type 6 records - just a bunch of type 3s, a few 4s and 5s,
and a -1 and a -3.  Is there some other mode switch I need to modify
to get mythcommflag to do teh GOP stuff as well?