[mythtv-users] OT maybe, Radio function on PVR-250

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 18 00:37:33 EDT 2004

Daniel Savard wrote:

>Le mar 17/08/2004 à 18:58, Michael T. Dean a écrit :
>

>>Rob Comstock wrote:
>>

>>>I see a PVR-250 advertised on buy.com that includes an FM radio function.
>>>Does anyone know if this feature is useable under linux?
>>>

>>Yes, with ivtv drivers and the ck patches, but not with ivtv stable
>>(0.1.9 or 0.1.9a).  Your best bet is using some of the newest ck patches
>>(I'd recommend 101b or above).

>Seems Chris has removed any version older than the current «catch of the
>day» version, which result in very unstable driver. In fact, I have
>ck100b installed from a previous download

Ooops.  I mean 100b.  I've got to work on my typing skills.  Sorry.

100b should be fine.  It's the one I'm using.

>and tried to compile a newer
>version for VBI testing and only the ck104e is available. With this
>version, I just cannot load the driver properly, seems there is a memory
>access problem I posted about on the IvyTv forum which is still
>unanswered.

Make sure you don't specify ANY options for the ivtv modules in your
mod{ules,probe}.conf.  Just

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv

and, if you're using a French SECAM version, you might need

options tda9887=0

Compile, make, install, then *power off* the PC.  Boot and it should
work.  Powering off is critical.  Unfortunately, Chris, Hans, Brian, et.
al. haven't yet reverse engineered all the commands/settings required to
completely reset the card, so the only way to ensure it's completely
reset is to power off.

HTH.

Mike