[mythtv-users] DMA Read errors and inter chipset (Abit BP6Motherboard)

MythTV mythtv at hribnak.com
Tue Aug 17 15:24:46 EDT 2004

Thanks.  I do not think I am using the stupid highpoint, but I may have
inadvertanty plugged my drive in into that controller.   I will have to
check that when I get home tonight.,   I am trying the noapic nolapic
acpi=off  settings now to see what happens.

I even went so far as to put my cache folder on an NFS mount to elimiate as
much local harddrive activity as possible.

I will also verify the BIOS as I am not sure what version is there  off the
top of my head..

Since I did not send this his is an update <grin>

So far I have recorded almost 5 shows since rebooting with the noapic
nolapic acpi=off  settings  all seems fine.  (I must of used the wrong apic
settings that I found on the net last time)

So lets knock on wood and see what happens.

Jim