[mythtv-users] Stutter issues with HDTV

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Tue Aug 17 14:25:59 EDT 2004

john roberts wrote:
> I currently have a 2.6G P4 HT 800 FSB. I've heard from others (Wendy
> on the list) who has had stutter issues with a 3.0 P4 HT.

This should be more than sufficient.  I have a similar system and it
works fine.  Make sure your settings.pro includes -mcpu=pentium4 (not
pentiumpro), as this seems to make an enormous difference.

What video sync method is being used (from 'mythfrontend --verbose
playback')?  OpenGL or RTC should be fine; sleep with busy-wait consumes
a bit more CPU.

If you're using nVidia's nvagp module, try using agpgart (and vice versa).

Also try 'renice -2 <pid-of-mythfrontend>' and see if that makes a
difference.

Make sure no CPU hog is running on the system.  'top' and 'gkrellm' are
your friends.

-Doug