[mythtv-users] SO Close to completing my setup! Recurring sound issues!

jamesjtucker at comcast.net jamesjtucker at comcast.net
Mon Aug 16 23:52:00 EDT 2004

Ok, i have been at this for almost a week now. Thru the help of this list and a few *nix junkie pals, i have managed to get a more or less complete setup.
For some reason, however, my  sound problems just wont go away. I have alsa configured per the docs, using the command line.
When i do the /usr/sbin/alsactl store, Myth has worked in the past until i reboot.
While trying to resolve this, a friend who i trust told me that i should try "/usr/sbin/alsactl --file /etc/asound.state store"
This didnt help anything either.
Now i have other issues. On the left channel, i can get fairly loud sound, but the right is not there, although if i listen close i can hear an "echo" about 3 sounds behind.
What am i doing wrong here? Can anyone shed any light?
Thank you all so much for your help in this endeavor.
-Jim