[mythtv-users] Asus Pundit vs CoolerMaster ATC 620 (WinTV 250 now, pcHDTV later)

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 18:37:47 EDT 2004

At 17:04 16/08/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>I have the ATC 620 with the 7NIF2, acting as both a frontend and backend.
>The case does keep the sound in, but the rear fan is a bit whiney. It is
>definitely the loudest thing on my whole system. Normally I wouldn't care,
>but, like you, I want as much silence as possible.
>
>The case is deeper than I expected; feels like a full ATX desktop size. It's
>built very solidly and I'm impressed overall with the high quality.
>
>Installing the 7NIF2 in the case was a snap. No issues.

Chalk up another vote for the 620. The lickle 60mm at the back was by far
the loudest component in my system as well, until I 7V'ed it. I'll
eventually figure out some way of swapping it for a huge 80 or 92mm or
something.

I also love the ability to run a proper ATX PSU in it too, so I don't have
to pay through the nose for a decent PSU. There's currently an Antec
TruPower 330 in there, which is whisper-quiet. Even with the fans on full,
it is remarkably hush hush, and even with the fans on low the case stays
remarkably cool. I wish I'd bought two of the things.