[mythtv-users] On PVR250 works, now an input question

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Aug 16 16:56:19 EDT 2004

On Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 12:33:51AM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > > Can I hack one into the Video Sources table without breaking anything,
> > > now that I've figured out how to *get* into those tables?  :-)
> >
> > Naw, you don't need to hack at it, it's easy enough through
> > the interface. Run the setup program and answer "no" to the
> > two questions.
> >
> > "3. Video Sources"->New video source. Enter "Live Video" for
> > the name, don't touch any of the grabber info just press
> > "Finish" (easy, hey). Without grabber info, mythfilldatabase
> > will inertly fail to grab listings for this source. Not a
> > problem.
>
> I assume, to clarify, that you mean "permit it to stay on DataDirect,
> but fail to supply a username and password"?
>
> > "4. Input Connections". Associate "Live Video" with the
> > appropriate input.
> >
> > "5. Channel Editor"->New Channel, fill in a name, number, you
> > probably need a fake callsign to keep the scheduler happy (don't
> > use a callsign that matches a real station) and set "Live Video"
> > as the source. Everything else is optional, unnecessary or uses
> > a reasonable default.
>
> Got it.  I'm all over it; the one point I needed clarified was the only
> thing I couldn't intuit.

FOLO: as advertised, that works fine: I created a Video Source called
Live Video, attached it to both Composite 4 and S-Video 0 (which,
along with Tuner 0, seem to be the active inputs on the -250), created
a channel 1 (LIVE) for it, and now we can 'C' to it.

Thanks again, Bruce.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi