[mythtv-users] Preparing for HDTV in 2005

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Mon Aug 16 13:14:08 EDT 2004

On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 09:15:43PM -0400, David George wrote:
> Angel Li wrote:
>
> >I recently visited the pcHDTV support forum and I thought I read a
> >message that there was a HD3000 card coming out and that's why HD2000
> >stocks were low. Does anyone have any info on the HD3000 card?
>
> Sorry don't have any info on the HD-3000.
>
> In case others are wondering this is probably the thread being referred to:
>
> http://pchdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=213&highlight=hd3000
>
> --
> David

Here's what I know of the HD-3000 card.

pcHDTV has sold the last of their HD-2000 cards.  The new card in
production is the HD-3000.  This card is almost identical except it has
a newer Oren HD tuner chip and it will also have S-Video in.  The card is
planned to be availible in the next couple weeks.  Windows drivers are
also planned for this card.

The reason for the newer Oren HD tuner chip is that the one used in the
HD-2000 is out of production.  The new chip is unlikely to have any
difference in performance/quality/tuning.

--Brandon