[mythtv-users] "Max Episodes" behavior

Mon Aug 16 13:03:00 EDT 2004

The Olympics are being broadcast on NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, USA and BRAVO.

I am mostly insterested with the sports on NBC, MSNBC and CNBC, so I set up
"Channel Record"s, for each of those three stations with "unlimited" max
episodes.

Just in case there was anything good on USA nd BRAVO, I set up a "Channel
Record"s on those two channels, but set the Max Episodes to 2.

The shows from NBC, MSNBC and CNBC kept getting deleted out from under me.
After looking at the backend log, it looks like episodes on those channels
are being deleted due to exceeding the "Max Episode" count -- but there is
not one....

Does the "Max Episode" logic *just* look at the show title?  That would
explain the problem, since the show title is the same no matter what channel
is broadcasting the event.

Thanks,

John