[mythtv-users] Garbled Audio and lines in the picture

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 16 12:25:30 EDT 2004

Gregg wrote:

> I am getting garbled audio when the picture fades on a recorded
> program movies and other.  I am using Mpeg2 ps stream type with
> commercial detection, and ALSA sound drivers. I tried to turn off
> commercial detection assuming that was it, but it did not help.  I am
> encoding on a pvr 250.

In your TV Playback settings

Extra audio buffering
Enable this setting if MythTV is playing "crackly" audio and you are
using hardware encoding.  This setting will have no effect on MPEG-4 or
RTJPEG video. MythTV will keep extra audio data in its internal buffers
to workaround this bug.

> I get vertical lines in the picture when I record from the Svideo, but
> if I view live tv through Svideo there are no lines.  The garbled
> sound happens on both Svideo recordings and Coax.

?  More information needed.

Mike