[mythtv-users] Mythtv on 2.6

mythtv at ripnet.co.uk mythtv at ripnet.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 11:20:03 EDT 2004

I run MythTV (from cvs a few weeks ago) on Mandrake 10.0 offical which has a 2.6 kernal.
I have 512 ram, P4 2.4G, and a WinTV Nova-T DVB card.

It was some hassle setting it up, but I followed the guide on the web site, and got it compiled and installed. Apart from one issue when tuning to non-existant DVB channels (which seg-faults the backend), it is working perfectly.

I am very happy with my myth box, and am considering putting a second WinTV nova-t in and doing away with my Tivo and using mythtv instead.

Many thanks to Issac and the team for such a fantastic product