[mythtv-users] Turning CC support on?

Daniel Savard dsavard at cids.ca
Sun Aug 15 21:13:06 EDT 2004

Le dim 15/08/2004 à 20:02, Scott a écrit :

> On Aug 15, 2004, at 2:58 PM, Richard Wilkes wrote:
>
> > I've been trying to get mythtv to display the closed caption text
> > lately and haven't been successful.  I'm running the latest CVS as of
> > today (8/15/04).  I had assumed that I could just use the menu options
> > available when I'm watching a recording, but that seems to have no
> > effect, regardless of which one I select.
> >
> > Is there something I have to do on the ivtv side of things?  I've used
> > various different versions, including the officially supported one,
> > but I'm currently running Chris Kennedy's ck103 revision, which
> > (fingers crossed) seems stable so far.
> >
> > Anyway, any pointers any of you might be able to give would be
> > appreciated.
>
> You mentioned ivtv so I assume you have PVR 250/350 card. I read,
> somewhere, during my MythTV research that CC wasn't yet supported by
> the ivtv driver on these cards. I love the idea of getting a PVR 250 or
> 350 but until CC decoding works I won't be able to use it.
>
> Can anyone with a PVR 250/350 and the current ivtv confirm this?
>
> --
> Scott

I have a PVR 350 and I am using ivtv ck100b and I was never able to get
the CC while watching LiveTV or playing a recording. I can get the CC
with a DVD, but was not able to switch from a language to another, but
this is surely not related to the ivtv driver and rather than a xine
issue I didn't investigated yet.