[mythtv-users] Turning CC support on?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Aug 15 19:51:35 EDT 2004

On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 11:58:38AM -0700, Richard Wilkes wrote:
> Is there something I have to do on the ivtv side of things?  I've used
> various different versions, including the officially supported one, but
> I'm currently running Chris Kennedy's ck103 revision, which (fingers
> crossed) seems stable so far.

I'm reasonably certain that the current answer to this is "CC decoding
(actually VBI decoding) is currently a Work In Progress on the IVTV
driver, and isn't actually usable yet."

But I might be worng.

In any event, if you *could* capture it off the card, how in hell would
you *store* it?  Do any of the storage formats have an out-of-band
place to store it?  Or would you store it as a subtitler format fil,
for, eg, mplayer?

Cheers,
-- jra

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't
	have invented a 3GHz microprocessor and a 3D graphics board."
					-- Luke Girardi