[mythtv-users] RE: NewB woes (continuing on....)

James J Tucker jamesjtucker at comcast.net
Sun Aug 15 12:18:03 EDT 2004

Alright! Things are getting better! Using the command line sound tools, as
in the docs, fixes all the sound problems!! For some reason, when i use
gnome-alsa  mixer, it wouldnt take. The problem now is that the fixes dont
appear to stay.
I did "alsactl store" (i had to type the full path (/usr/sbin?) for some
reason), but when i reboot, i need to reset it via the command line again.
Any ideas?
Also, i have it configured to autologin my user, but Gnome is the default,
and so it logs in to the wrong session type. I cant find the tool im used to
in SuSe to configure this. What do i need to edit to make kde the default?
I am also having troble with my xorg.conf and tv out, but i am going to play
with it a little longer before i admit defeat and ask you all. ;)
Thanks for everything so far, i was on the verge of going to a <gasp!>
windows based pvr program, so this has realy pulled me away from the dark
side.
cheers,
jim