[mythtv-users] Objective IVTV quality measurement instructions

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Sun Aug 15 09:26:44 EDT 2004

 	That's quite true.  Trouble is DVD doesn't support 480x480 which would
be the "right one," and 704x480 is *WAY* overkill for broadcast.  The ivtv
cards do a particularly bad job of capturing at low resolutions (e.g. 352x480)
and/or low bitrates (<4 Mbps).  That translates into 2 hours *MAX* onto a DVD
if you don't transcode it... and even that it difficult to get decent quality.

 	If it's just for convenience, I'd agree that burning the raw ivtv mpeg
onto DVD is nice.  It's just a pretty big waste of space.  I guess DVD-R's
aren't $1.5 apiece anymore either though... :)

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss							*
* Electrical Engineering Ph.D. Graduate Student                         *
* Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University 			*