[mythtv-users] LIRC help

rick schultz rick.schultz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 21:25:29 EDT 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:14:33 -0500, aslong at uark.edu <aslong at uark.edu> wrote:
> [root at localhost mythtv]# lsmod |grep lirc
> bash: lsmod: command not found

lsmod lives in /sbin, so it'd be
# /sbin/lsmod | grep lirc

Odd that /sbin isn't in root's PATH.  Is that a Fedora thing?

My guess (since you're getting "No such device" instead of "No such
file") is that you won't see any lirc modules loaded.  If you do get
lines of output from that command, then try all these device file
suggestions.

If you don't get any output, just a prompt, then you need to modprobe
your lirc modules.  I'm not sure which ones you need, but Jarod's
guide mentions:

# /sbin/depmod -a
# /sbin/modprobe lirc_dev
# /sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c

Try that, restart the lirc daemon, and see if irw still fails.  If it
works, check out Jarod's stuff about "modules.conf".  If it still
doesn't work, see if the errors in /var/log/messages have changed any.

-rick