[mythtv-users] Frontend hardware -> silent box

Maarten mythtv at ultratux.org
Fri Aug 13 15:41:56 EDT 2004

On Friday 13 August 2004 17:26, Yhan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm looking for a hardware for my Frontend client.
>
> What is avalaible and Linux supported on the market ?
>
> I would like to use it as MythFrontend, but the box has to be fanless.

Instead of wanting it fanless, you ought to check out some of the quiet boxes
with big 120mm fans.  For me, an Antec SLK-3700BQE did the job.
You can still (barely) hear it, but for all intents and purposes it's silent.
Note that I use it as backend, so the need for (some) fans is hugely more
important than for a frontend.  You _may_ get away with a fanless one...

> My goal is to hook up a standard LCD 14' screen, thus the TV-OUT is not
> mandatory for that box.

I use a laptop as (second) frontend.  Can't get much quieter than that...

Maarten

> Thanks for your advices
>
> Yhan

Linux: Because rebooting is for adding hardware.