[mythtv-users] XMLTV, tv_grab_de, mythfilldatabase Problem

Verteiler verteiler at juro.at
Fri Aug 13 07:18:40 EDT 2004

Hi,
Beeing new to MythTv (I had Myhtpc up and running, but that is Windows
*shudder* ;) ), I do have a few problems getting the tv part to run (now
there is a new one ... :rolleyes: ). I haven't been able to set up the
ivtv driver to get my 2 pvr (250 and 350) up and running - but that is
another problem and I have postet the question in another forum (but if
the unbearable urge should arise and you want to help me with that, I am
happy for all the help I can get!). And now to my second problem:

I set up XMLTV and configured tv_grab_de to get all the channels I have.
When I run the "mytvfilldatabase" script, it starts off trying to
connect to the zap2it.com server (how can I switch that off?) and then
goes through  the channels I set up. This is the output I get:

grabbing channel XXXX (offset=YY) ....

XXXX beeing the channel name and YY a digit. This goes on for ages but
it does not seem to work. What is the format mythtv needs the channels
in? How do I configure channels which are not listed by tv_grab_de (I
live in Vienna/Austria)? Can I populate the mysql-DB myself?

I hope you have any ideas, I have just about run out of any...

Thanks in advance
Verteiler