[mythtv-users] Diskless epia MII-6000 and MythTV?

Thomas Rokamp crax at crax.dk
Fri Aug 13 03:17:19 EDT 2004

Hi!

I'm planning a new mythfrontend, using an old DVD-player as the case.
I also plan to use the fanless Epia MII-6000 or M6000, as it is silent and
has onboard mpeg2 decoder.

I have a separate backend. I plan to connect the frontend and backend
through wireless (54+ Mbps). Will that work?

Also - since the CPU of the M6000/MII-6000 is rather slow, I'm not sure it
will work fine as frontend. All it has to do is playback recorded shows from
the backend or eventually live tv (which should be the same to the frontend
anyway).

Should I use an M10000 instead of the M6000? I like a silent system...

The system will be completely diskless, botting from either network or
compact-flash. It will have 256-512mb ram.

Any other things I should be aware of? Or any suggestions?

Oh - by the way - I'm looking for an old case from a DVD-player or similar,
to use as case. Any suggestions of what name/model to search for? As small
as possible of cause, but big enough to contain the mainboard ;-)

Thanks!

/Crax