[mythtv-users] Moving files between Backends

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Aug 13 03:06:46 EDT 2004

> Questions here for those that know the inner workings.  Is there a
> process for recreating the indicies in the database on files like this?
> Also, is it possible to import non-nuv files into a backend (like other
> MPEG-4 files)?  I know you can play them through MythVideo and that's
> what I've been doing now but I'd like to also be able to see them in
> Watch Recordings if that is possible...

I've got a patch that will show MythVideo files in the Watch Recordings
screen and allow you to play them the same way you play regular MythTV
recordings.  The code calls out to the MythVideo plugin to do the actual
playing so it users whatever player you have configured in MythVideo to do
the actual playing.

It will be in CVS sometime, but I'm trying to think of a way I can easily
reproduce the directory tree browsing method inside the current Watch
Recordings screen or if I should just leave it with all videos in a single
"virtual" recording group called MythVideo as I have it now.

Works nice, my .avi movies are listed right alongside my MythTV
recordings.

--

Chris