[mythtv-users] dvd respecting cutlist

John Sturgeon john at sturgeonfamily.com
Thu Aug 12 12:13:52 EDT 2004

Jason Werpy wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 00:00:00 -0500, Rob Nichols <rob at robnet.com> wrote:
>

>>Is anyone interested in this?  Is there an easier way?
>>
>I would be interested in this.  I'm currently doing commercial cutting
>by hand.  Automation would be great.

Another 2 cents added to the discussion.  I'm also in the middle of the
'automatic cutlist' thing, and somebody (rightly) brought up the
unfortunate reality that the cutlist is not always accurate, and editing
your source video sight unseen can result in some nasty editing
mistakes.  An alternate that I am currently doing is taking the cutlist
and dumping it into an EDL (edit decision list) for mplayer to skip the
commercials.  That way, if it's wrong, at least they'll still  be there
for me to see.  This works for me since I view most of my transcoded
shows using mplayer, but it (obviously) wouldn't work for other folks.

--
John Sturgeon <><
http://www.sturgeonfamily.com/mythtv.php