[mythtv-users] Using mythtv as a plain VCR with xmltv but no broadband connection to internet

Daniel Savard dsavard at cids.ca
Thu Aug 12 10:46:22 EDT 2004

You don't really need a separate Linux box for this purpose. You may
just setup your mythtv box with ppp on-demand.

I have bad experiences with so-called winmodems, but it was a long time
ago I stopped completely trying to make them working. So, if you decide
to go with an internal (cheapo) winmodem, just be very carefull to make
sure it is supported (and well supported) to avoid a lot of
frustration...

Take a look at:  http://www.linmodems.org/

Daniel Savard