[mythtv-users] dvd respecting cutlist

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Aug 12 02:38:11 EDT 2004

f*cking thunderbird just quit on me right in the middle of writing the

> If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to slap a GPL on this and send it to
> people.  (feedback and suggestions appreciated)  If people are interested I
> should spend a few days on cleanup.  Is there some place little tools like
> this normally get posted?

imho, all of the people writing these myth->dvd scripts should get
together and standardize on things.

On that note, here's how I envision things going re nuvexport.  First,
if I can ever get a way to automate nuv->avi, nuvexport will export all
of its transcodes to a central location (preferably something in the
mythvideo tree).  Going to avi is important because it'll give us access
to transode and its ability to export pretty much any format we want to.
  The database-driven mode would let transcodes be queued up from
command line, mythweb or mythtv itself.

Then, comes the separate suite of dvd menuifying scripts.  These would
scan the mythvideo tree, along with the standard mythtv data tree (for
those of you lucky ones with the pvr-x50 cards), searching for any valid
dvd-friendly mpeg files.  Next, of course, is the hard part of figuring
out the descriptive data, but that shouldn't be too bad if nuvexport (or
other exporters) are smart enough to port myth's meta data into the mpeg
files.  There should also be an option for hand-editing descriptive info
the menus, too, and probably something for picking out which frame to
use for the preview image.

Anyway, just my thoughts on the subject.  I'm happy to help with
wherever I can through nuvexport.

-Chris