[mythtv-users] MythWeather in web interface

Dan Willemsen mythtv at dan.willemsen.us
Wed Aug 11 13:38:46 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 11:50, David wrote:
> DanM wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Nathan Ziarek wrote:
> >>
> >>The only problem with adding them to MythWeb is that they are PNGs...so
> >>you'd either have to convert them to gif/jpg or use a browser that supports
> >>native use of PNGs.
> >>
> >What are you talking about?  IE has had support for png since 4 iirc.  And
> >6 definetly has support for them.  In fact, I'm looking at them right now
> >with IE.  Sorry if this comes off as a flame, I'm not trying to flame you.
> >
> Yep - Microsoft level support.
> In other words: broken.
> So it looks like _he_ does know what he's on about - unlike some.
>
> Sorry if this looks like a flame I could have changed the tone instead
> of writing this sentence, but, like you, I didn't ;)
>
> David

For everyone's information here - MythWeb's default theme currently
enables the workaround that allows alpha-transparent pngs under IE. The
mythweb logo in the upper left corner is an alpha-transparent png
currently.

>From looking at the sources, it currently has to be enabled via the
	style="behavior: url(...);"
attribute on all pictures you want transparent, but that should be easy
enough to do.

Dan