[mythtv-users] PVR350 causes system continuous system beep

m0j0.j0j0 m0j0 at foofus.net
Wed Aug 11 12:01:49 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 10:44, jgmtfia Mr wrote:
> Is the 350 connected to the same a/v source as the 250?  Does the
> squeal occur when no a/v source is connected to the 350?
>
> You could be have a ground loop if the a/v sources used for the 250 do
> not cause the 350 to squeal, or if the squeal does not occur when no
> inputs to the 350 are connected.

Nothing was connected to either the 250 or 350. I only had
power/VGA/keyboard plugged into the box for this test. I'm pretty sure
the noise was being generated by the mainboard itself. It just didn't
like the 350. Hopefully, it's just an issue with this 350 and not a
general conflict between this board and all 350s.

I talked with Hauppauge tech support and they recommended just returning
it. Guess I'll have to wait another month for buy.com to get some in
stock to get a replacement.

Joe