[mythtv-users] MythWeather in web interface

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Aug 10 19:37:12 EDT 2004

> What is silly is not one but two people flaming this guy for wanting to
> build a feature I personally would like to see.

Please note that I'm not flaming him.  My first email specifically
stated that this was a feature that I had intended to include with my
original port to the new mythweb, but that I had decided that it would
be too much effort to maintain it if I had to do my own screen scraping,
etc.

Then, I suggested the easier solution of taking the location data that
mythweather stores in the database and using it to create a link to the
source that mythweather scrapes -- since that would be a very easy task
and get the same functionality.

I have NO trouble with someone taking the time to write a weather
scraper, since it'd keep the mythweb interface consistent (and as I
said, I much prefer the mythweather artwork -- any theme -- over the
commercial sites' own artwork).

-Chris