[mythtv-users] FTA Satellite Receivers

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Aug 10 11:31:17 EDT 2004

> The Twinhan card should work with FTA on Mythtv, I would look for a better
> price though.  There is some good info on getting Mythtv and Twinhan working
> at http://dvbn.net just search for mythtv+twinhan, I think you have to
> register with them to be able to search for anything good.
> There are some code hacks for mythtv there, I wish they were some
> sort of plugins, that would be cleaner.

Could someone enlighten me a bit about this stuff?  Are you telling me
that I can plug this card straight into the coax cables coming from my
Dish dish, and have access to the pure digital signals coming from the
satellites?   What about encryption, etc?  I thought all of that sort of
stuff was all smartcard protected.

-Chris