[mythtv-users] times of recordings got hosed after moving

Eric Wemhoff ericlw at hotpop.com
Tue Aug 10 00:25:01 EDT 2004

I'm having what sounds like the same problem as Neil K here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/71040?search_string=time%20zone;#71040

I've been running myth for about a year, with lots of recorded shows,
and just now moved from San Francisco to Boston.  I plugged my
computer back in and was initially able to watch my recorded shows,
but then I changed the time zone, and some other fiddling around to
get the zap2it listings set up for Boston.  And now when I go to the
"watch recordings" menu, all of the recorded shows have the wrong time
.. they're listing as 3 hours later than when they were actually
recorded.  In other words the time shown is what time it was in the
eastern time zone when the shows were recorded.  For one this makes no
sense, but worse it means myth can't find those shows when I select
them to watch, because it's looking for the wrong filename .. eg
instead of looking for 2009_20040629130000_20040629133000.nuv, the
correct file/time, it looks for
2009_20040629160000_20040629163000.nuv, 3 hours off.

I checked the "recorded" table.  Somehow the times have gotten
changed.  I need to subtract 3 hours from each.

Anyone know why this happened, and/or a command to get the table back
the way it was?

Neil, did you ever resolve this?

-Eric