[mythtv-users] Re: PVR350 Composite for dummies

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Mon Aug 9 20:21:09 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 11:41, James Pifer wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 18:58, James Pifer wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 17:48, Jo Pettitt wrote:
> > > The input is next to the RF input. You can use the SVHS cable for this
> > > or the converter for the composite in. Those output cables go into the
> > > next socket for the output.
> > >

> > Ah, ok. I'm on the same page now with the inputs/outputs on the card.
> > Now I have Audio/Video, but when I try to record, by hitting R, I get
> > the following error:
> >
> > 2004-08-08 18:50:17 Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
> > QDateTime::fromString: Parameter out of range
> > DB Error (ProgramList::FromProgram):
> > Query was:
> > SELECT program.chanid, program.starttime, program.endtime,
> > program.title, program.subtitle, program.description,
> > program.category, channel.channum, channel.callsign,     channel.name,
> > program.previouslyshown, channel.commfree,     channel.outputfilters,
> > program.seriesid, program.programid,     program.stars,
> > program.originalairdate FROM program LEFT JOIN channel ON program.chanid
> > = channel.chanid WHERE program.chanid =
> > AND starttime < 29350930228000050 AND     endtime > 29350930228000050
> > GROUP BY program.starttime, channel.channum,   channel.callsign ORDER BY
> > program.starttime, channum + 0 LIMIT 1000
> > Driver error was [2/-1]:
> > QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> > Database error was:
> > You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'AND starttime <
> > 29350930228000050 AND     endtime > 29350930228000050  GROUP BY ' at
> > line 1
> >
> > How do you record when you aren't using the Tuner?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > James

> <bump>
>
> Any thoughts on how to record when not using the Tuner? See error above.
>
> Thanks,
> James

I guess this is solved for now. In my continued searching I found this
thread in the archive:
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2004-March/035313.html

I'm recording now and although I haven't seen the result yet it looks
like it is working. It would be nice to be able to hit R to record
instead of having to go through the manual process.

Thanks for all the help.
James