[mythtv-users] Re: maxnewest | maxepisodes | autoexpire

Chris Strom mythtv at eeeCooks.com
Mon Aug 9 10:14:09 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 08:37:01AM -0400, Chris Strom wrote:
> If I remove the autoexpire flag from a recording, shouldn't that prevent
> it from being expired, regardless of the expiration mechanism?  When a
> recording schedule has maxnewest (`Record new and expire old?' in
> MythWeb) set to `1' and the maxepisodes limit is reached for that
> schedule, myth currently expires the oldest recording, regardless of the
> autoexpire flag.  I expected it to expire the oldest recording *with
> autoexpire set*.
>
> Is there a reason for not honoring autoexpire in this case?

Thanks to everyone who helped clear up my confusion with this last week.
I ended up using my mad SQL skills to come up with a workaround for
this.  Specifically, I changed the title in the recorded table,
appending ` [saved]' to it.  I also NULLed out recordid for good
measure, but don't think that was necessary.

We've now got `A Pup Named Scooby-Doo' and `A Pup Named Scooby-Doo
[saved]' showing up in the listings when we pick a program to watch.
The only problem with this is that the same episode can now be recorded
twice (since I renamed the title), but it's a small price to pay for
a high KAF.

Thanks again,

Chris