[mythtv-users] lircd/irw not working

Brad Cox bcox at virtualschool.edu
Sun Aug 8 14:28:16 EDT 2004

I've just gotten mythtv sort of working (MythMusic and MythDVD are
solid, MythTV stubbornly refusing) but nothing responds to the
remote, not even irw. I tested this earlier (via Wilson's Howto) and
it was fine, but not now. I might have broken it trying a compile
from CVS. All this on Fedora 1.

All startup logs are clean. lircd's running and detecting irw as a
client, but irw no longer prints button presses.

I tried "irrecord junkFile". When that asked me to hold down an
arbitrary button, it complained "gap not found; can't continue".

How can I get lircd back on the tracks?
--
Brad J. Cox, PhD, 703 361 4751, http://virtualschool.edu
        http://virtualschool/ale Action Learning Environment