[mythtv-users] PVR350 Composite for dummies

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Sun Aug 8 14:16:00 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-07 at 23:20, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> James Pifer wrote:
>
> >Closer now. I can switch to Composite 0, but all I get is a blank
> >screen. I 'assume' on the 350 that the Composite Input is 0.
> >
> >In the capture card setup the 'Default input' is Tuner 0. I don't have
> >to mess with that right, that's just as it says, the default?
> >

> Actually, that should be set to Composite 0.  You don't want the default
> set to an input that's not associated with a video source.
>
> >What ivtv-fb is loaded? Could there be a conflict there? I'm not sending
> >anything through the frame buffer, but ivtv-fb is loaded.
> >

> If you have a post-install (modules.conf) or an install (modprobe.conf)
> that loads ivtv-fb, you can remove it.  It won't make any difference if
> you leave it, though.  The PVR-350 output is only used if you specify
> "Use PVR-350 TV Output" (or something to that effect) in your options.
>
> Mike

I still must be missing something. I just get a blank screen. I'm
running the frontend on a seperate machine than the backend + PVR350.
Since I can watch LiveTV without a problem I 'assume' this isn't the
problem. If I change the default input bacjk to Tuner 0 I can watch
LiveTV again.

So here's what I have:
1) Change default input to Composite 0
2) Video Source remains unchanged
3) In Input Connections
	make Composite 0 = My Video Source
	make Tuner 0 = None
4) Exit out and run mythfilldatabase

When I try to view LiveTV I get a blank screen instead of my VCR plugged
into the PVR350 composite cables. Looking at the cables that come with
the PVR350 they are labeled Composite Out, Line R Out, and Line L Out.
Maybe I'm thinking I can do something that I can't really do?

Thanks,
James