[mythtv-users] Transcoding

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Fri Aug 6 22:20:04 EDT 2004

Chris Petersen wrote:

>> I have just set up a mythtv system, and when I transcode a show the
>> starting
>> size is 1.2 gig and the ending size is 13gig.  I transcode using the osd
>> after the show is done recording.  This is my first try at it so any
>> suggestions are appreciated.
>

> Check your "transcoders" recording profile.
>
> -CHris

Did I miss something or has the option of transcoding from MPEG2 to
MPEG2 been removed? I was going to configure a transcode option just for
removing commercials, I wanted to keep it in mpeg2 format so I could
burn it on a dvd easily. I thought I used to be able to modify the MPEG2
(source format) and select the destination format of MPEG2. Last time I
checked using cvs as about a week or two ago it only allowed me to
change it to RTJPEG or MPEG4.

- James