[mythtv-users] Quick and dirty workaround

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Aug 6 09:53:47 EDT 2004

>>> jcaputo1 at comcast.net 8/6/2004 9:38:24 AM >>>
>On Friday 06 August 2004 08:27, PAUL WILLIAMSON wrote:
>> >FWIW, the reason that most cities (in fact, all cities) do not
have
>> >both is because there are minimum distance requirements for both
>> >same-channel and adjacent-channel frequency reuse, and they don't
>> >permit it.
>>
>> Jay,
>>
>> I live right outside Buffalo, NY and we have broadcast channels on
>> both 3 and 4.  I guess that means Buffalo does not fit into the
"all
>> cities"
>> category
>
>Ah, but is one of those channels Canadian?
>
>-JAC

That's what I thought it might be, so I checked where the stations are

registered and where the transmitters are located.  One is in downtown

Buffalo, the other is on Grand Island, about 5 miles away from each
other,
both in the US.

One station is http://www.wned.org (PBS), channel 3
The other is http://www.wivb.com (CBS), channel 4

Then again, this is the only place I know of where my Irock wireless
transmitter doesn't work either.  Buffalo is a strange place.

Paul