[mythtv-users] Checkbox problem in the preferences applications ?

Erwan Arzur erwan at free.fr
Fri Aug 6 06:02:12 EDT 2004

Hello all,

this is my first post here, i'd like to thank the developers for this
amazing piece of software (and for the related helpful resources such as
the howto !) i just managed to get an almost functional asus pundit-r
with a PVR-350, using mandrake 10.0 and tons of fiddling (listing them
here in case somedy is fighting with a pundit-r too) :

- upgrade to kernel 2.6.8rc2 (this got me DMA with the ATI chipset and
the network card recognized)
- alsa 1.0.5, which supports the atiixp driver
- XFree86-4.4.0-4phoenix which had accelerated support for the onboard
ati chip (did not investigate the TV-OUT yet). did not manage to
properly upgrade to Xorg
- ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck100w
- mythtv-0.15.1 is almost there
- lirc-0.7.0pre7 for the hauppauge remote (i did not manage to get my
ATI remote wonder working, irw does not receive anything ...)

now i think this question has already been answered thousands of times,
but i did not find any reference in the archives or in google,...  I
can't make proper setup of my mythtv box, because i cannot check any of
the checkboxes (tried the right arrow, all keys on the keyboard and
remote, and i just can't check them !) It's very fustrating :-)

Any idea to solve this ? my next try will be to grab a cvs version of
mythtv and recompile it.

Thanks in advance