[mythtv-users] Myth's commercial detection runs forever

Shawn core at enodev.com
Thu Aug 5 15:56:11 EDT 2004

To answer your question, no. It's quite obviously expressing a
frustration with the level of who-gives-a-shit I personally received.

Comments, both positive and negative, are appropriate, and even
necessary. The community behaves quite like an individual in that it
likes to protect it's reputation, and in the absence of negative
comments (not bashing ones), the need for the community to try to
address questions lessens.

As it is, I tried asking nicely and offering $$. Then I waited till I
got it resolved, and updated the list, with one sentence at the end
indicating I got no assistance from the list. I did forget that I got
one comment on knopmyth, and replied that I am running gentoo with myth-
cvs, but it ended there.

Do you take my comment personally? If you do, why? My expressing
frustration does not translate into me saying the mythtv list being
comprised of assholes, but you seem to take it as such.

I'd say to lighten up if I didn't think it would insult anyone.