[mythtv-users] OT: Tivo Users Can, So Can MythTV users?

Matt Beland matt at rearviewmirror.org
Thu Aug 5 13:41:11 EDT 2004

Chris Petersen said:
>> If projects like MythTV *won't* (as opposed to *can't*) innovate and
>> create, well, that's just what "they" want.  We've given it to them.
>> Because where else will it come from? MSFT?  Not bloody likely.
>
> But mythtv *is* innovating.  The innovation just happens to be coming
> from areas other than the "share files easily with friends" department.

Why is this even an issue? If you have the bandwidth to share large MPEG
files with friends anyway, you can do it more easily than from within
Myth. Email, P2P, BitTorrent, an FTP server, a CD via FedEx, an open Samba
share, an iPod and a USB port... plus thousands of variations on the
theme.

Since when is tacking on a feature that is already better provided
elsewhere "innovation" outside of marketing departments?

--
Matt Beland
matt at rearviewmirror.org
http://www.rearviewmirror.org