[mythtv-users] Colors & Contrast on Digital Outputs
John Goerzen
jgoerzen at complete.org
Thu Aug 5 10:19:37 EDT 2004
Hello,
I recently have been exploring different ways of viewing my MythTV
programs. I've looked at S-Video out (great color, reasonable
sharpness), viewing on a VGA device (exceptional clarity, but only
reasonable color), and using DVI to get the picture to my HDTV.
Strange thing is, when using DVI to go to the exact same device as
S-Video did, the colors are not as nice. I can make them be OK by
adjusting the controls on the TV, but then when the next program on the
channel comes on, or I switch channels, I'd have to go re-adjust all
over again. With the S-Video cable, I didn't have this problem. And
I'm not sure why it's occuring. On one program, things might appear
washed out and lifeless, while on the next, there's so much color that
everyone looks like they've got the worst sunburn I've ever seen. I've
observed the same sort of behavior on a PC screen, though it's probably
not as noticable there due to being a much smaller display.
I love the clarity of the DVI output but I'm not so sure about the color
rendering...
Any suggestions?
(ATI Radeon 9600 card, fglrx driver, 30" Philips widescreen CRT)
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list