[mythtv-users] Problem with "Jump Ahead" feature - KnoppMyth R4V4

Blammo[doh] blammo at dohboys.com
Wed Aug 4 21:13:17 EDT 2004

SOLVED!!!

Several things were wrong. (Note to KnoppMyth devs, love your distro, please
read the following carefully)

1. Skip-networking enabled on the backend. This meant MySQL wasn't evening
listening for outside connections
2. /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt and /usr/share/mythtv/mysql.txt both have to be
modified with the correct Backend hostname/IP address

works like a charm now.. Thanks all for your help. Kind of strange this was
how it presented,  but I'm learning more about how this works all the time.

here were the two symptoms:

1. Can't schedule recordings from the front end (thought it wasn't related)
2. "Jump forward" in MythTV is sluggish, non-existant, and seems to lock up
the machine for 30 - 60 seconds.

Fix?? fix your perms!

thanks all!

-blam