[mythtv-users] Problem with "Jump Ahead" feature - KnoppMyth R4V4

Scott Petersen scott_j1 at slal.net
Wed Aug 4 19:17:24 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 03:05:30PM -0700, Blammo[doh] wrote:
> Problem:
> When seeking forward, anything above 3x in MythTV starts getting "Jumpy". Also, when I use the "Jump" function, it can take up to 60 seconds to "jump" ahead the 10 minute block.
> This does not occur on the backend machine, either off the local HD, or off the NFS server.
> This does not occur when using mplayer, either "seeking" or jumping
> Once I've gone "ahead" in the file, I can "jump" back  instantly, and jump back ahead. I assume at that point, it's cached somewhere
> If I go back to the menu, then play the file again, I"m right back where I started.

I had the exact same problem and it turned out to be permissions on the backend mysql database. It was a while ago but I couldn't read the recordedmarkup table. I was using a different user from the remote frontend or I just hadn't set up the permissions properly. It was definitely the recordedmarkup table that had the information I needed. As soon as I fixed the permissions seeking worked perfectly.

Cheers
Scott Petersen